- Confirmed: Liverpool Star Ruled Out of Arsenal Clash
- Arsenal Star ‘Convinced’ He Will Win Ballon d’Or
- Man Utd & Liverpool Locked in 7-way Battle for Brazilian International
- Arsenal & Liverpool Alerted as Čech Hints at Summer Move
- [Photo] Liverpool Player Posts Snap of Injured Ankle Suffered vs Man Utd
Smash & Trash – Impressive Saints and Liverpool’s waste of space
‘What is the point in Joe Cole?’ is a question that many Liverpool fans will be asking themselves following a 3-0 thumping by West Brom. The former Chelsea skiller managed just 11 minutes at The Hawthorns on Saturday before pulling his hamstring. His last appearance in a Red shirt saw him hobble off after 23 minutes in a Euro tie against Gomel. Is this what £100,000-a-week gets you these days?
Even Southampton fans were probably expecting to get battered by Manchester City in their Premier league opener. However, the Saints were desperately unlucky to not get at least a point from the champions and demonstrated that they could give anyone a run for their money this season.
TRASH! Ivan Ramis
As debuts go, this was a bit of a stinker for Wigan Athletic’s Ivan Ramis who suffered a rude awakening to Premier League football on Sunday – helping to gift Chelsea two goals inside the opening 10 minutes. The summer signing from Real Mallorca was skinned twice by fellow debutant Eden Hazard to help provide goals for Branislav Ivanovic and Frank Lampard.
SMASH! Michael Laudrup
Brendan who? Swansea City scored fewer goals than both Blackburn and Bolton last season. New boss Michael Laudrup already seems to have addressed that problem with a 5-0 win over QPR. His new signing Michu also looked quite handy and bagged himself a brace.
TRASH! Robert Green
Poor old Robert Green. Haunted by that horrific mistake in the 2010 World Cup, the England stopper made his QPR bow on Saturday. He proceeded to concede five goals in a devastating home defeat to Swansea City. Poor Rob.
SMASH! Zoltan Gera
Zoltan Gera deserves a mention purely that glorious strike against Liverpool that gave Pepe Reina no chance. The Hungarian international is unlikely to catch a ball so sweetly again all season.
Latest posts by Matthew Wood (see all)
- Manchester United ahead of rivals in chase for Spanish wizard - October 30, 2012
- Teenage Finnish starlet in Liverpool move u-turn - October 30, 2012
- Arsenal keen on landing Newcastle United star - October 30, 2012