Wigan Athletic looking to replace Moses with Bolton flyer

By on August 27, 2012 - 49 views

Wigan Athletic boss Roberto Martinez is looking to replace recently departed Victor Moses with Bolton Wanderers winger Lee Chung-Yong, the Bolton News claims.

Moses left the DW Stadium last week for a fee of around £9m to join Chelsea and Lee is being targeted to replace the Nigerian. Martinez has made thorough checks on the South Korean and he now has the funds to make a move for the 24-year-old.

Lee won player of the year in his debut season at Bolton after joining from FC Seoul but then missed most of the last campaign due to a broken leg and, despite his return, Bolton were unable to avoid relegation.

While Wigan believe they will be able to make Bolton part with their midfield maestro, boss Owen Coyle does not see any of his players leaving The Reebok before Friday’s transfer deadline. He told the Bolton News: “It simply hasn’t crossed my mind.

“I’ve said many times that I’m trying to assemble a young, exciting team here, not dismantle one, so I don’t envisage anyone going anywhere next week.”

Meanwhile, Bolton are said to be targeting Liverpool’s Jay Spearing as Coyle looks to build a squad capable of taking Bolton back up to the top flight at the first attempt.

The young midfielder is deemed surplus to requirements at Anfield and although a loan move has been mooted, the Reds may prefer to let their homegrown 23-year-old leave permanently.

For the latest Wigan Transfer Rumours, click here!

The following two tabs change content below.

Lewis Dunwoody

Latest posts by Lewis Dunwoody (see all)

Leave a Reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Powered by Live Score & Live Score App