- Jürgen Klopp Gives Update on Liverpool’s Double Injury Concern
- Jürgen Klopp Offers Update on Emre Can Ankle Injury
- Spurs 1-0 Crystal Palace: Wanyama Heads Home Debut Winner
- Burnley 2-0 Liverpool: Jürgen Klopp Post-Game Interview
- Arsenal Handed Fresh Injury Blow as Midfielder is Ruled Out for a Month
Who are ya? Ciro Immobile (Liverpool transfer target)
Steven Gerrard’s swashbuckling days appear to be counting down and the likes of Joe Cole haven’t been able to perform to the expected standard.
This issue could see Brendan Rodgers dip into the January transfer market in a bid to add a little spark to the club’s sometimes mundane forward line.
One name that has been suggested is Italian attacking midfielder Ciro Immobile, who has been making a name for himself in recent times.
A product of the Juventus youth set-up, it has taken Immobile a little time to live up to the billing he received as a teenage prodigy. He made his debut for the Old Lady in 2009, coming on for club icon Alessandro Del Piero.
His technical abilities and preference to operate off of the front-man saw him compared to the Italian great, which, in some ways, set back his development.
Now 22, Immobile has benefited from a series on loan moves with his most recent spell last season at Pescara in Serie B, really launching him into the spotlight.
His performances in second tier prompted Genoa to take a punt on him and he has performed to a relatively high standard in his first few appearances.
Unlike Del Piero, Immobile has a physical presence. He is no giant but, at 6ft 1in, he has enough about to him to match up to many centre-backs in battle of strength.
Most importantly for Liverpool he fits their young talent ethos, which could make him an option for January. Due to his relative inexperience he could be available on the cheap, again appealing to the club’s plans in the transfer market.
Latest posts by Alex Hams (see all)
- Chelsea, Manchester City to battle for Ukrainian stopper - October 31, 2012
- Chelsea, Manchester United must be patient in chase for Italian - October 31, 2012
- PSG planning to sign former Manchester United, Chelsea favourites - October 31, 2012