- Confirmed: Liverpool Star Ruled Out of Arsenal Clash
- Arsenal Star ‘Convinced’ He Will Win Ballon d’Or
- Man Utd & Liverpool Locked in 7-way Battle for Brazilian International
- Arsenal & Liverpool Alerted as Čech Hints at Summer Move
- [Photo] Liverpool Player Posts Snap of Injured Ankle Suffered vs Man Utd
Liverpool set to miss out on former Chelsea sensation
Liverpool have been forced to end their interest in Didier Drogba after the Ivorian committed his future to Shanghai Shenhua, according to Metro.
The Reds were reportedly monitoring Drogba’s contract situation and hoped he could bolster their threadbare attack but he has now made it clear he would prefer to stay in China and would not be returning to England.
The veteran forward said: “Because I joined relatively late, I didn’t prepare with the team early in the season, so our results were not very good.”
Drogba has struggled to settle into his new club with the constant changing of managers and despite having a better impact compared to fellow big earner Nicolas Anelka, he has failed to show any glimpse of his Chelsea form.
Liverpool have only one fit striker in the form of Luis Suarez after Fabio Borini was ruled out for up to three months.
Brendan Rodgers’ side have struggled to find the back of the net this season and with the transfer window still a few weeks away from opening again, Drogba would have been an ideal option in the short term.
Follow me on twitter @Rohil512.
Latest posts by Rohil Daya (see all)
- Di Matteo sacking shows the ruthless side of Abramovich - November 22, 2012
- Fellaini prepared to leave for Champions League football - November 22, 2012
- Mourinho will quit Real Madrid in the summer, claims former chief - November 22, 2012