- Confirmed: Liverpool Star Ruled Out of Arsenal Clash
- Arsenal Star ‘Convinced’ He Will Win Ballon d’Or
- Man Utd & Liverpool Locked in 7-way Battle for Brazilian International
- Arsenal & Liverpool Alerted as Čech Hints at Summer Move
- [Photo] Liverpool Player Posts Snap of Injured Ankle Suffered vs Man Utd
Arsenal, Everton stars rewarded for first team displays
Arsenal maestro Wilshere has not featured for his country since appearing against Switzerland in June 2011 while Everton’s Osman earns his first call-up at the age of 31.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger felt that Wilshere would be better off resting during the international break but the red card he received against Manchester United last week means he could do with some football to regain his sharpness and a friendly against Sweden represents an ideal opportunity.
Osman must have felt his chance for an England cap had passed him by but his inclusion is well deserved after a run of consistent performances for Everton.
Other surprises in the squad include out of form Daniel Sturridge and inexperienced Raheem Sterling.
Squad: Hart (Manchester City), Ruddy (Norwich), Forster (Celtic); Baines (Everton), Bertrand (Chelsea), Cahill (Chelsea), Caulker (Tottenham), Jagielka (Everton), Johnson (Liverpool), Shawcross (Stoke), Walker (Tottenham); Cleverley (Manchester United), Gerrard (Liverpool, capt), Lennon (Tottenham), Osman (Everton), Shelvey (Liverpool), Sterling (Liverpool), Walcott (Arsenal), Wilshere (Arsenal), Young (Manchester United); Rooney (Manchester United), Sturridge (Chelsea), Welbeck (Manchester United).
Follow me on twitter @Rohil512.
Latest posts by Rohil Daya (see all)
- Di Matteo sacking shows the ruthless side of Abramovich - November 22, 2012
- Fellaini prepared to leave for Champions League football - November 22, 2012
- Mourinho will quit Real Madrid in the summer, claims former chief - November 22, 2012