- Confirmed: Liverpool Star Ruled Out of Arsenal Clash
- Arsenal Star ‘Convinced’ He Will Win Ballon d’Or
- Man Utd & Liverpool Locked in 7-way Battle for Brazilian International
- Arsenal & Liverpool Alerted as Čech Hints at Summer Move
- [Photo] Liverpool Player Posts Snap of Injured Ankle Suffered vs Man Utd
Stoke City to battle La Liga outfit for Villa defender
Villa manager Paul Lambert is reportedly planning a mass squad exodus in January and it would appear that his Irish centre-back could be one of the first out of the door.
Dunne has been a stalwart performer for Villa, but his relatively old age and high wages mean that Lambert is keen to move him on.
The 33-year-old has appeared 76 times for the Republic of Ireland and has enjoyed three modestly successful years at Aston Villa following his transfer from then newly rich Manchester City in 2009.
The commanding defender’s contract expires in 2013, and as such it is thought that he would be allowed to move to either Stoke or Malaga for somewhere in the region of £2m.
Latest posts by Johnny Burrow (see all)
- David Villa wants Arsenal move - January 5, 2013
- Tottenham looking to make room in midfield for Holtby - January 5, 2013
- West Brom set for Dorrans exit - January 5, 2013