- José Mourinho Considering Wayne Rooney for EFL Cup Final
- José Mourinho Confirms Trio Will Miss Saint-Étienne
- Charlton Loan Arsenal Forward
- £312,500-a-week Champions League Winner Confirms Big Offer to Complete Man Utd Transfer
- Injury News – Man Utd Winger Suffers Injury Blow, Could Miss Rest of Season
Former Chelsea striker a January target for West Ham
Shanghai Shenhua forward and former Chelsea player Nicolas Anelka is being targeted by West Ham United as Sam Allardyce looks to add more fire power to his frontline, say the Mirror.
The former French international is less than 12 months into his £250,000 a week deal in China but is already looking for a move back to England and it’s West Ham that look the most interested at this stage.
The 33-year-old is currently in a pay dispute with the Chinese Super League club, leading to rumours he may quit.
Alladyce had Anelka under his stewardship while at Bolton on a permanent deal – though reports suggest Anelka may move to Upton Park initally on temporary terms for a few months before the Chinese Super League gets underway again in March 2013.
Reports also suggest Anelka’s ex-Chelsea colleague Didier Drogba will return to the Blues to train ahead of the Africa Cup of Nations. Anelka scored 123 goals in 352 outings while with English sides and that record could yet still be added to.