- Confirmed: WBA vs Manchester United lineups
- Diego Costa starts! Crystal Palace vs Chelsea preview, form, team news, predicted line-ups + key man
- Confirmed: Manchester City vs Spurs lineups – Soldado starts
- Arsenal vs Hull City preview, form, team news, predicted line-ups + key man
- Manchester City vs Tottenham preview, form, team news, predicted line-ups + key man
Manchester City to compete with Chelsea for La Liga star
The Daily Mail claim Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has held talks with the agent of Radamel Falcao in the hope of beating Chelsea to his signature.
Falcao’s astonishing form at Atletico Madrid led people to dub him one of the worlds finest forwards and Mancini is believed to have met with Jorge Mendes, the players representative, one more than one occasion.
The 26-year-old is reportedly asking for £35m-a-year after tax and, with some mighty financial muscle behind them, both the Premier League champions and European champions could be willing to meet his requests.
However, Manchester City could be ousted from pole position after it was revealed Chelsea could decide to offer Atletico hero, Fernando Torres, in a player plus cash deal. The £50m striker has failed to light up at Stamford Bridge and could be used to lure Falcao away from Spain.
Torres currently has seven goals in 17 outings this campaign while Falcao stands on 13 in ten – including a hat-trick against the Blues in the European Super Cup in August.
The arrival of Falcao at the Etihad could put doubt on the futures of Edin Dzeko and Mario Balotelli with both being linked with exits.