Liverpool star set to be subject of massive bid this January

By on November 15, 2012

Manchester City have expressed interest in Liverpool’s talisman Luis Suarez, according to the Daily Express.

Boss Roberto Mancini has been frustrated with his strikers at times during the current season, with neither Sergio Aguero nor Carlos Tevez recapturing the form that saw the club chase down neighbors Manchester United at the end of last season.

Edin Dzeko has been impressive as a substitute but is unhappy with his current role at the club while Mario Balotelli has not registered in the Premier League so far this term.

However, City have played down this emerging story and have denied making any contact with the club or the player.

That the news was first reported by Merseyside based journalists who were briefed by Liverpool makes it all  the more interesting. His estimate would likely be around the £45m mark.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has praised Suarez to the hilt at every opportunity this season and the player himself seems happy in the current surroundings, scoring 11 goals this season. Suarez signed a new long term contract in the summer.

“At this moment I’m safe in the knowledge that Luis had the chance to go in the summer,” said Rodgers. “There was probably no better time for him to do that with a new manager coming in. He could have had an excuse to go, but having spoken to him at length he committed to staying here. He gave us the opportunity to see how it was going to work. It’s up to us as a club to add players who can help support him and move us on.”

Follow me on twitter @Rohil512.

One Comment

  1. Mikeyboy

    November 15, 2012 at 11:22 pm

    For God’s sake keep up.

    Suarez himself says he’s staying

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>