- Chelsea vs Tottenham preview, form, team news, predicted line-ups + key man
- Arsenal vs Everton preview, form, team news, predicted line-ups + key man
- West Brom vs Manchester United preview, form, team news, predicted line-ups + key man
- Where Aaron Ramsey would rank amongst Arsenal’s top earners
- Atlético miss chance to do first double over Real Madrid since 1951
Arsenal considering ambitious bid for Liverpool stopper
Pepe Reina is back on Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger’s radar, according to Metro.
The 30-year-old has struggled to regain his top form for the past 12 months and has been sidelined, partly due to injury, in favor of second-choice keeper Brad Jones. Reina conceded 12 goals in seven Premier League appearances at the start of the season.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is concerned with his current goalkeeping options, with Szczesny struggling through injury and Mannone failing to impress. He is ready to turn back to Reina, who he first tried to sign to replace Manuel Almunia in 2010.
Reina previously admitted: ‘Arsenal had made their determination to sign me clear by offering £20m, a phenomenal amount for a goalkeeper. Part of me felt that I was well within my rights to consider my future even if I did so with a heavy heart.
‘When Liverpool received the bid, they rejected it. This was not because I had been told that I was too good a keeper to leave. The reason I was given was quite different – and it left me feeling down.
‘I was told that my continued presence was crucial to the sale of the club. I was simply a bargaining chip in the sales process.’
Follow me on twitter @Rohil512.