- Fee Agreed Key Chelsea Target – Could Complete Move in Days
- Liverpool Ready to Agree 8 Goals, 10 Assists Winger Signing
- Central Midfielder Set to Complete Manchester United Transfer in Days
- Confirmed on Sky Sports – Wenger Wants Highly-rated La Liga Star
- Almost Done – Manchester United to Complete Transfer Deal for £25m Star in Hours
Liverpool in swoop for ex-youth player
Liverpool manager Brendan Rogers has made an offer to the tune of £5m to secure the signing of Blackpool starlet Thomas Ince in the January transfer window, reports The Daily Mail.
Ince, the son of former England captain Paul Ince, has already been on Liverpool’s books once; the Merseyside club signed him as a youth player in 2008 before letting him transfer to Blackpool in 2011.
His form since, bagging 15 goals in 47 games from the wing, has persuaded Rogers to attempt to lure him back – although reds fans could be forgiven for being frustrated that the club didn’t simply loan him out; it could have saved them five million pounds. Ince has impressed in the championship and is reportedly ready to try his hand in the Premier League.
Ince has been touted as one of the top young talents of his generation and as someone heading to the top, and as such a fee of £5m seems relatively cheap – however, Ince’s contract with The Tangerines, so the coastal club may be forced into selling one of their prize assets.
Latest posts by Johnny Burrow (see all)
- David Villa wants Arsenal move - January 5, 2013
- Tottenham looking to make room in midfield for Holtby - January 5, 2013
- West Brom set for Dorrans exit - January 5, 2013