- Manchester Derby enhanced odds – City 5/1 to beat United
- [Photos] Diego Costa looks sharp in training
- Confirmed: WBA vs Manchester United lineups
- Diego Costa starts! Crystal Palace vs Chelsea preview, form, team news, predicted line-ups + key man
- Confirmed: Manchester City vs Spurs lineups – Soldado starts
Gunners favorites to land Huntelaar
Arsenal are believed to be favourites to sign Dutch striker; Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, according to The Metro. The ex-Ajax, Real Madrid and Milan hitman is considered one of Europe’s lethal strikers scoring 40 goals in 67 matches for Schalke 04.
Despite Huntelaar’s fine goal scoring form for German club Schalke last season, the dutch striker is struggling to agree personal terms for a new contract with his contract deal expiring at the end of the season. Arsenal are believed to be favourites to land the dutch striker who be a perfect replacement for the departure of his fellow countryman, Robin Van Persie.
The decision on the future of Huntelaar is said to be made in January; however this decision has already been decided according to former Dutch international Erik Meijer, whose agent also represents Huntelaar:
“According to the information I have, Huntelaar will be gone in the winter,’ said Meijer. Arsenal FC are the favourites to land him.”
Arsenal could land the prolific dutch striker for as cheap as £10 million, being in his last year of his current contract.