- Arsenal Handed Big Boost Ahead of Bayern Munich Tie
- Jürgen Klopp Reveals Fitness Concern Over Key Man Ahead of EFL Cup Tie
- Medical Booked, Bid Accepted, Man Utd Could Announce Transfer Deal This Week
- Chelsea Defender Suffers Big Injury, Scan Reveals He Will Miss Rest of the Season
- 5 Key Arsenal Players Could Miss Chelsea Clash on February 4th
Atletico Madrid to move for Liverpool forward
Atletico Madrid are ready to make a bank-busting move for Liverpool forward Luis Suarez, reports The Sun.
It is believed that the Spanish side have already had one move for the Uruguayan international rebuffed, but are reportedly said to make a huge offer in an attempt to prise the controversial goal-getter away from Anfield.
Atletico Madrid’s audacity in making a move has been in some ways justified by the fact that the club are currently better placed to offer Suarez Champions League Football than Liverpool – and the chance to play with the likes of Arda Turan and Adrian could appeal to Suarez.
The move could suggest that Atletico are resigned to losing Radamel Falcao, be it in January or the summer – Suarez is believed to be wanted as a replacement.
However, despite the lure of UCL football, the move appears to be an unlikely one – Suarez will not be allowed to depart, according to Liverpool manager Brendan Rogers, and the Uruguayan has also expressed a desire to stay on Merseyside.
Latest posts by Johnny Burrow (see all)
- David Villa wants Arsenal move - January 5, 2013
- Tottenham looking to make room in midfield for Holtby - January 5, 2013
- West Brom set for Dorrans exit - January 5, 2013