- Jürgen Klopp Gives Update on Liverpool’s Double Injury Concern
- Jürgen Klopp Offers Update on Emre Can Ankle Injury
- Spurs 1-0 Crystal Palace: Wanyama Heads Home Debut Winner
- Burnley 2-0 Liverpool: Jürgen Klopp Post-Game Interview
- Arsenal Handed Fresh Injury Blow as Midfielder is Ruled Out for a Month
Man Utd seek Baines for £15m
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson will again turn his attentions to Everton left-back Leighton Baines after admitting defeat in his attempts to bring Chelsea full-back Ashley Cole to Old Trafford, according to reports in the Daily Mail.
The Red Devils manager is keen to bring in a replacement for Frenchman Patrice Evra and had made England Internationals Cole and Baines his top targets.
New Chelsea gaffer Rafael Benitez has revealed that it’s unlikely Cole will be offered a new deal by the West London club. A free agent next summer, it’s believed Cole would be keen to link up with former boss Carlo Ancelotti at Paris Saint Germain.
Should Fergie miss out on the former Arsenal graduate, he will switch his attentions to Baines. The Everton player has been in sensational form this season and a sum of £15m is being touted as the amount that Everton may be willing to do business at.
However Baines is an integral part of the Everton squad and so the Toffees may look to hold out for a much larger sum.
Latest posts by Elliott Bretland (see all)
- Inter dismisses Sneijder – Is Alex Ferguson still interested? - December 19, 2012
- Dani Alves to replace Sagna at Emirates? - December 19, 2012
- Liverpool target Arda Turan wants to leave Atletico - December 19, 2012