- Fee Agreed Key Chelsea Target – Could Complete Move in Days
- Liverpool Ready to Agree 8 Goals, 10 Assists Winger Signing
- Central Midfielder Set to Complete Manchester United Transfer in Days
- Confirmed on Sky Sports – Wenger Wants Highly-rated La Liga Star
- Almost Done – Manchester United to Complete Transfer Deal for £25m Star in Hours
Mesut Ozil to Manchester United is back on
A move for Real Madrid midfielder Mesut Ozil to Manchester United is back on after reports from Spain have suggested Ozil is questioning his future at the club.
The German international joined Real Madrid from Werder Bremen two years ago but he has failed to hold down a regular place in the starting eleven at the Spanish champions under Jose Mourinho.
He has made 11 starts in La Liga this season and has seemed surplus to requirements in the Champions League with two starts, two sub appearances and he failed to get off of the bench in the recent clash against Manchester City. Put these figures into context against Ozil starting in the last 14 matches Germany have had.
A move to Manchester United is realistic as the Old Trafford club look for long term replacements for veteran players Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs. Ozil is considered a cheaper and much more likely arrival than Wesley Sneijder from Inter Milan.
Ozil is on a contract worth just over £100,000 per week with Real Madrid which is not bad for a player sitting on the bench. It also means that United will not have to change their wage structure if they want to sign the German quickly.
A fee in the region of around £20 million plus adds ons is being talked about with Real Madrid reportedly wanting around double what they originally paid for Ozil, which was £12 million.
United paid just over £20 million to land Robin Van Persie in the summer which was their only multi-million pound signing meaning they will still have money in the bank should they want to make a formal approach for the player.
Latest posts by Ahmed Umair (see all)
- Mourinho’s striker: Hulk, Cavani or Schurrle? - June 11, 2013
- EA Sports FIFA 13 Pro Player Challenge’s final destination: Manchester City - December 23, 2012
- Alex Ferguson talks about UEFA’s Financial Fair Play, Messi v Ronaldo and Pep Guardiola - December 19, 2012