- José Mourinho Considering Wayne Rooney for EFL Cup Final
- José Mourinho Confirms Trio Will Miss Saint-Étienne
- Charlton Loan Arsenal Forward
- £312,500-a-week Champions League Winner Confirms Big Offer to Complete Man Utd Transfer
- Injury News – Man Utd Winger Suffers Injury Blow, Could Miss Rest of Season
Chelsea linked with £12 million Brazilian striker
Chelsea are on the verge of signing Metalist Kharkiv striker Taison for a fee of around £12 million.
Reports suggest the Brazilian was in the stands as Chelsea drew 0-0 at home in the Premier League to local rivals Fulham. A move for the player could be agreed between the two clubs with a view to going through officially in January.
The 24-year-old is now in his third season at Metalist Kharkiv and has impressed this season with his versatility and work rate. He can play on the shoulder of the defence looking to slip in behind or he can play in a slightly wider role.
He has played in six Europa League matches for his club this season with one appearance as a substitute. He has only scored one goal in the process but has two assists showing there is more to his game than goal poaching which could appeal to Rafael Benitez.
He has also played a big role for the Ukrainian club in the league this season scoring three goals and creating three goals. He has been booked three times which shows he’s not afraid to be aggressive which is important should he move into the English game.
Chelsea are thought to be hunting additional attacking supporter as striker Fernando Torres continues to come under criticism for his performances at Chelsea since he joined the club from Liverpool.
With Daniel Sturridge reportedly leaving for Liverpool, Taison could be tempted to link up with fellow Brazilian Oscar which would make any settling in period easier.
Latest posts by Ahmed Umair (see all)
- Mourinho’s striker: Hulk, Cavani or Schurrle? - June 11, 2013
- EA Sports FIFA 13 Pro Player Challenge’s final destination: Manchester City - December 23, 2012
- Alex Ferguson talks about UEFA’s Financial Fair Play, Messi v Ronaldo and Pep Guardiola - December 19, 2012