- Arsenal Handed Big Boost Ahead of Bayern Munich Tie
- Jürgen Klopp Reveals Fitness Concern Over Key Man Ahead of EFL Cup Tie
- Medical Booked, Bid Accepted, Man Utd Could Announce Transfer Deal This Week
- Chelsea Defender Suffers Big Injury, Scan Reveals He Will Miss Rest of the Season
- 5 Key Arsenal Players Could Miss Chelsea Clash on February 4th
Reading are close to signing Arshavin
The Daily Mail, are reporting that Reading are close to agreeing personal terms with Arsenal outcast, Ardrey Arshavin.
Reading’s Russian billionaire Anton Zingarevich is eager on bringing his fellow countryman to relegation threatened Reading to help strengthen their attacking options in January.
Arsenal signed the Russian star for than club record fee of £15 million in January 2009, after his first impressive season in England the player struggled to live up to the price tag. Arsenal are listening to offers for Arshavin, who will be out of contract at the end of the season, as they try to shift his £85,000-a-week contract off the wage bill.
Reading, manager; McDermott wants to inject some much needed experience into his squad, during the January transfer window;
“We are talking at the moment regarding players. If we could bring in two or three players that could make a difference, it would be useful to the squad,
“We don’t generally deal in big prices. We try to get players that are available. I’d like to bring in two or three with a little bit of experience at the level.”