- Confirmed: WBA vs Manchester United lineups
- Diego Costa starts! Crystal Palace vs Chelsea preview, form, team news, predicted line-ups + key man
- Confirmed: Manchester City vs Spurs lineups – Soldado starts
- Arsenal vs Hull City preview, form, team news, predicted line-ups + key man
- Manchester City vs Tottenham preview, form, team news, predicted line-ups + key man
Gunners to agree £19m deal for Arda Turan?
Caughtoffside.com are reporting that Arsenal have agreed personal terms to sign Atletico Madrid play-maker, Arda Turan. Any move by Arsenal to sign the Turkish midfielder would have to trigger the players £19 million buy-out clause in his contract.
Arda Turan agent, Ahmet Bulut claims the player wants a new challenge;
“Arda has played for Atletico Madrid for two seasons now. I have wanted to see him play for another team in another league and Arda wants the same.
We are working on making this happen, Atletico know what our intention is and are working with us. If all goes well, Arda will leave the Madrid club at the end of the season”.
Turan’s main position is a winger who can play as versatile across the centre of midfield; this adaptability of the player may well be what greatly interests Arsene Wenger in making a move for the player.
Turan was instrumental in helping Ateltico Madrid to Europa League success in his first season and has been further impressive in the current campaign, helping Diego Simeone’s side to second position in La Liga and mount a serious title challenge with Spanish giants Barcelona.
Turan, who is a technically gifted player, is comfortable with the ball at his feet and has a good turn of pace. It is an attribute which would attract Arsenal as crucially as being available for Champions League football.