- Jürgen Klopp Gives Update on Liverpool’s Double Injury Concern
- Jürgen Klopp Offers Update on Emre Can Ankle Injury
- Spurs 1-0 Crystal Palace: Wanyama Heads Home Debut Winner
- Burnley 2-0 Liverpool: Jürgen Klopp Post-Game Interview
- Arsenal Handed Fresh Injury Blow as Midfielder is Ruled Out for a Month
David Villa wants Arsenal move
Barcelona’s 31 year old striker David Villa wants a January transfer to Arsenal, reports The Daily Mail.
It had been widely cited that Arsenal want to sign the Spanish goal machine but there had been some doubt as to the Spaniard’s desire for a potential move to north London.
However, it would appear that this doubts have disappeared as sources close to the deal not only claim that David Villa is keen on a move to the Gunners, but that he will make a personal request to the Barcelona hierarchy to facilitate and accelerate a potential move to England.
David Villa has been prolific for the Catalan side, bagging 28 goals in 59 appearances, and as a result many clubs are interested in his signature. Barcelona are refusing any offers to take the forward on loan as they say they want a permanent conclusion to the player’s time at the club.
However, the price they desire could present a stumbling block; Barca reportedly want £16 million, and whilst David Villa is undoubtedly classy, that is a large sum for a player who is entering the twilight of his career.
It is thought that Wenger will look to fund a move by selling some of his squad’s dead wood.
Latest posts by Johnny Burrow (see all)
- David Villa wants Arsenal move - January 5, 2013
- Tottenham looking to make room in midfield for Holtby - January 5, 2013
- West Brom set for Dorrans exit - January 5, 2013