- Confirmed: Liverpool Star Ruled Out of Arsenal Clash
- Arsenal Star ‘Convinced’ He Will Win Ballon d’Or
- Man Utd & Liverpool Locked in 7-way Battle for Brazilian International
- Arsenal & Liverpool Alerted as Čech Hints at Summer Move
- [Photo] Liverpool Player Posts Snap of Injured Ankle Suffered vs Man Utd
Wesley Sneijder joins Galatasaray
Highly rated Dutch midfielder Wesley Sneijder finally completes his protracted departure from Inter Milan and joins Galatasaray on a three-and-a-half-year contract.
The 28-year-old has been in talks with the Turkish club after both the clubs have come to terms with his transfer fee, reported to be in the region of £8 million.
Sneijder’s future at Inter was in fog after failing fouls with the hierarchies as he refused to take a massive pay cut in order to continue playing for the club. He was under contract with the Serie A outfit till 2015 but hasn’t featured for the Nerazzurri since a 2-0 victory at Chievo in September.
According to reports from the Guardian, the midfielder’s agent Soren Lerby held talks with Galatasaray director Lutfi Arigogan in a hotel in Milan on Sunday evening to sort out his contract, a deal believed to be worth £120,000-per-week. A statement from Galatasaray read:
“The transfer of Wesley Sneijder from Inter Milan has been agreed. The conditions of the deal will be made public and the player will sign the contract after health checks.”
The former Real Madrid star is equally elated with the move and expects to make his debut against derby rivals Besiktas on 27th January. He told the club’s official website:
“It will be amazing and the atmosphere will be nice, I can’t wait to go there and play my first game.
I will make the Galatasaray fans very proud and very happy. I’m looking forward to meeting them and making a good life together.”
English giants Liverpool were also interested in his signature and skipper Steven Gerrard said that the Holland international would be a fantastic player for the club but it seems like the Anfield club couldn’t match his lofty wage demands in the end.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Premier League betting tips on who the favourites are to win this season’s title - February 26, 2014
- Liverpool vs Everton: A Merseyside derby with more than pride on the line - January 28, 2014
- AVB helping Tottenham break the United hex - January 24, 2013