6 wonderkids who represent the future of Real Madrid
6. Jesse Rodriguez Ruiz: Age 17; Ruiz is capable of creating great goals out of nothing and like any clinical forward, has a deadly composure in front of goal. Asides from his scoring ability, his power and speed has drawn comparisons with Gonzalo Higuain.
5. Angel di Maria: Age 22; Despite an average performance at the World Cup, the Argentine was top of Jose Mourinho’s shopping list when he arrived in Spain last summer. A price tag of €25m would undoubtedly put pressure on any player, even without Diego Maradona backing you to be the next big thing, but the former Benfica winger has won over the Los Blancos faithful by scoring important goals.
4. Alvaro Morata: Age 18; Four goals in five games for the Spanish U-19s has seen Morata promoted to the Madrid first-team this season. With Higuain on the sidelines for the rest of the campaign, the striker will be desperate to make a strong impression under ‘The Special One’.
3. Enzo Zidane: Age 15; Enzo, son of Zizou, is quickly becoming one of Europe’s hottest talents following some fine displays in the Real Madrid youth set-up. With both Spain and France fighting over his citizenship, the youngster may have a tough decision to make in the next few months.
2. Pablo Sarabia: Age 18; Arsene Wenger has been tracking the winger for several years now, however, the Spaniard put rumours to bed in the summer by signing a new deal until 2013. Netting six goals in six games for the Spanish U-19s, Sarabia made his Champions League debut against Auxerre in December when he replaced Cristiano Ronaldo from the subs bench.
1. Mesut Ozil: Age 22; Ozil grabbed the attention of football fans across the globe during the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. After some exceptional displays against Ghana, England and Argentina, the bug-eyed winger was hot property during the summer break, prompting Jose Mourinho to pay roughly €15m. Ozil has since found himself perfectly adept to the pressures of the Bernabeu .
Latest posts by Rob Morris (see all)
- Manchester City go prank crazy with bags of flour - May 1, 2011
- Agent claims Liverpool are yet to pounce for Argentine winger - May 1, 2011
- Arsenal captain splits up with Spanish girlfriend - May 1, 2011