- Fee Agreed Key Chelsea Target – Could Complete Move in Days
- Liverpool Ready to Agree 8 Goals, 10 Assists Winger Signing
- Central Midfielder Set to Complete Manchester United Transfer in Days
- Confirmed on Sky Sports – Wenger Wants Highly-rated La Liga Star
- Almost Done – Manchester United to Complete Transfer Deal for £25m Star in Hours
Arsenal Fans Won’t Like The Latest Update on Alexis Sánchez Injury Situation
When news broke on Tuesday that Arsenal star Alexis Sánchez had withdrawn from a training session with the Chile national team, Arsenal fans were thrown in a state of despair and confusion. Sánchez has been one of Arsenal’s best players so far this season and the Gunners’ fans certainly know the club can’t do without the services of the South American for a prolonged period of time.
Arsenal have already suffered as a result of the injury to Santi Cazorla and the least Arsenal fans want is another injury to another key player. In the past few days, there has been one report after another in regards to the Chilean’s injury. Some reports claim he could be out for as many as two months while other reports claim he could be out for two weeks. There have been other reports claiming he could be back for the Manchester United clash on 19 November.
The good news is, Sánchez himself, has come out to claim the injury is not as bad as initially feared and that he could be back playing as early as Tuesday. The bad news is, a muscle injury can be so unpredictable and should Sánchez go on to play against Uruguay on Tuesday next week, he could end up aggravating the injury. A situation Arsenal and Arsenal fans won’t be happy with.
Yesterday, Sánchez was quoted in El Mercuro as saying:
“I’ll be back for Tuesday.
“It is hurting a bit but I’m fine.”
Arsenal doctors surely will know how delicate muscle injuries can be but whether they will be able to compel Sánchez to skip the important 2018 World Cup qualifying match on Tuesday is another ball game. One thing is however certain, with Olivier Giroud the only other real first choice striker Arsenal have at the moment, Arsene Wenger can’t do with another injury to his star.
Alexis Sánchez has been Arsenal’s best player so far this season and if the North London club were to stand a chance of winning the Premier League title this season, they sure will need Sánchez to not only be at his best but to also be injury-free for the bulk of the season.
Latest posts by Robu (see all)
- Fee Agreed Key Chelsea Target – Could Complete Move in Days - January 20, 2017
- Bid Accepted for £65,000-a-week Manchester United Target, Medical Today - January 20, 2017
- Fee Agreed for £34.6m Arsenal Target, Deal to be Completed in Days - January 20, 2017