- Fee Agreed Key Chelsea Target – Could Complete Move in Days
- Liverpool Ready to Agree 8 Goals, 10 Assists Winger Signing
- Central Midfielder Set to Complete Manchester United Transfer in Days
- Confirmed on Sky Sports – Wenger Wants Highly-rated La Liga Star
- Almost Done – Manchester United to Complete Transfer Deal for £25m Star in Hours
Antonio Conte Sweats as Diego Costa is a Major Doubt for Middlesbrough Clash
With Loïc Rémy on loan at Crystal Palace and Michy Batshuayi not making a huge impact following his move to Stamford Bridge from Olympic Marseille this past summer, Chelsea manager will be praying that his only recognised striker, Diego Costa, doesn’t get injured at least until the January transfer window opens.
Unfortunately it appears Conte’s prayers are not been attended to as reports from Spain indicate that Costa could be suffering from a groin injury. A type of sports injury that the Spanish international is very familiar with from his days at Atlético Madrid. The striker suffered groin injures even before joining Chelsea and it appears the problem has resurfaced again.
Diego Costa reportedly took part in tactical walkthroughs for Spain ahead of their World Cup qualifier with Macedonia over the weekend but wasn’t part of the training session itself. He was reportedly seen working with Spain’s physio which is an indication that the groin injury he suffered in training hasn’t fully gone away.
This is certainly bad news for Chelsea as a groin injury can be very difficult to treat and can easily resurface. Antonio Conte will be relieved that his striker didn’t participate in either of Spain’s two games over the past week.
Chelsea have an extra day to recover in comparison to their Premier League title contenders as they do not play until Sunday when they face Middlesbrough at the Riverside Stadium.
Latest posts by Robu (see all)
- Fee Agreed Key Chelsea Target – Could Complete Move in Days - January 20, 2017
- Bid Accepted for £65,000-a-week Manchester United Target, Medical Today - January 20, 2017
- Fee Agreed for £34.6m Arsenal Target, Deal to be Completed in Days - January 20, 2017