- José Mourinho Considering Wayne Rooney for EFL Cup Final
- José Mourinho Confirms Trio Will Miss Saint-Étienne
- Charlton Loan Arsenal Forward
- £312,500-a-week Champions League Winner Confirms Big Offer to Complete Man Utd Transfer
- Injury News – Man Utd Winger Suffers Injury Blow, Could Miss Rest of Season
£25m-rated Man Utd Target Could Join Chelsea as Conte Lines Up Possible January Deal
Although Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has done considerably well with the current Chelsea team, it is generally believed that the Italian can do better if given the chance to assemble his own team. And that comes with time. The current team is certainly José Mourinho’s. But if reports in the British press this week are true, the Italian is not ready to wait for the summer window of 2017 before starting his rebuilding process.
According to reports, Conte has targets for the January transfer window already drawn up. Key among the areas where the Italian tactician is looking for reinforcement is the centre-back position. Reports have it that Conte has a plan A, B, C and D for that position and wants it sorted during the January window. This is being reported by Squwaka‘s chief reporter Greg Stobart.
The former-Juventus manager had failed in his attempt to bring in a centre-back to the club last summer until transfer deadline day when Chelsea ended up resigning David Luiz from Paris Saint-Germain. It was obvious that the Brazilian was a last-minute panic buy. Although Luiz has done considerably well over the past five games it appears Conte is not totally convinced and is working hard to bring in another centre-back.
Juventus’ Leonardo Bonucci, who was also linked with Chelsea last summer, as well as the duo of AC Milan’s Alessio Romagnoli and AS Roma’s Antonio Rudiger, are seen as back-up options and should Chelsea fail to sign any of these, they will then go after former-Manchester United defender Michael Keane, according to Squawka. The 23-year-old has been in stellar form for Burnley in the Premier league so far this season.
Manchester United could however engage Chelsea for Michael Keane as reports claim José Mourinho is monitoring the former Red Devils centre-back in a deal that will be worth about £25 million according to reports.
Latest posts by Robu (see all)
- Man Utd Want Sánchez, But This Swap Deal Including Martial Makes More Sense - April 25, 2017
- 3 Potential Destinations for AS Monaco Starlet Kylian Mbappé - April 25, 2017
- 5 Reasons Why Man Utd Will Beat Liverpool & Arsenal to Top 4 Finish - April 24, 2017