- Fee Agreed Key Chelsea Target – Could Complete Move in Days
- Liverpool Ready to Agree 8 Goals, 10 Assists Winger Signing
- Central Midfielder Set to Complete Manchester United Transfer in Days
- Confirmed on Sky Sports – Wenger Wants Highly-rated La Liga Star
- Almost Done – Manchester United to Complete Transfer Deal for £25m Star in Hours
Another Arsenal Star Suffers Injury Blow, Out for 6 Weeks (Not Sánchez)
The worst seems to have happened as reports are today claiming Arsenal have lost their reliable right-back Héctor Bellerín with an ankle ligament injury. Only yesterday reports emerged that Bellerín had withdrawn from Spain under-21 duty due to an injury. It was initially thought that it was only a precautionary move, but according to Spanish journalist Eduardo Fernandez-Abascal, Bellerín will be out of action until December.
Fernandez-Abascal confirmed the news via his Twitter account:
— Eduardo Fdez-Abascal (@efabascalUK) November 10, 2016
This is certainly very bad news for Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger, especially as he has no-one else nearly as reliable as Héctor Bellerín in the right-back role. The Gunners have Mathieu Debuchy and Carl Jenkinson but both are far short of being as good as the Spaniard. The January transfer window can’t come soon enough for Arsenal now as Wenger must consider bringing a reinforce into this position.
Debuchy doesn’t seem ready to win back his place in Arsenal’s first team and if Jenkinson wasn’t good enough for West Ham, he’s unlikely to be good enough for Arsenal either. Many will point out to the fact that he left West ham because he was injured but the truth is, even before he was injured, he was always in and out of the West Ham team; an indication that he was not considered good enough.
Could this situation force Wenger to play Francis Coquelin at the right-back position and two of Aaron Ramsey, Granit Xhaka and Mohamed Elneny in the pivot, pending on when Santi Cazorla returns? Coquelin has played that role for Arsenal before and I am sure it is one possibility Wenger will consider.
Latest posts by Robu (see all)
- Fee Agreed Key Chelsea Target – Could Complete Move in Days - January 20, 2017
- Bid Accepted for £65,000-a-week Manchester United Target, Medical Today - January 20, 2017
- Fee Agreed for £34.6m Arsenal Target, Deal to be Completed in Days - January 20, 2017