- Fee Agreed Key Chelsea Target – Could Complete Move in Days
- Liverpool Ready to Agree 8 Goals, 10 Assists Winger Signing
- Central Midfielder Set to Complete Manchester United Transfer in Days
- Confirmed on Sky Sports – Wenger Wants Highly-rated La Liga Star
- Almost Done – Manchester United to Complete Transfer Deal for £25m Star in Hours
Liverpool Eye £6m January Signing
Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp is interested in bringing Anderlecht winger Frank Acheampong to the Premier League in January, according to reports.
The 23-year-old has attracted the German coach’s attention following some excellent form in the Belgium Pro League this season.
Acheampong is predominantly a left winger but is also capable of playing the left-back role – a position where Klopp is keen to upgrade.
However, should the Reds make a swoop for the Ghana international next month he is unlikely to make his debut until February at the earliest as he is expected to be part of his national team’s squad for the upcoming African Cup of Nations.
The Sun are reporting that Jürgen Klopp has watched the player on a number of occasions already this season.
£6 million would seem a good deal in the modern era, particularly given the money spent by Premier League clubs last summer following the league’s new TV deal. Acheampong is also under contract until 2019.
James Milner is currently playing a makeshift role at left-back as Klopp has fallen out-of-favour with Alberto Moreno following some woeful performances from the Spaniard at the start of the season.
Liverpool are expected to have Joe Gomez back in the coming weeks to give the manager another option at left-back. He is already building his match fitness up with the under-23s.
Latest posts by James Crawford (see all)
- José Mourinho Gives Positive Update Ahead of Stoke Clash - January 20, 2017
- Steven Gerrard Will Re-Join Liverpool in February - January 20, 2017
- Jürgen Klopp Confirms Double Injury Boost - January 20, 2017