- Fee Agreed Key Chelsea Target – Could Complete Move in Days
- Liverpool Ready to Agree 8 Goals, 10 Assists Winger Signing
- Central Midfielder Set to Complete Manchester United Transfer in Days
- Confirmed on Sky Sports – Wenger Wants Highly-rated La Liga Star
- Almost Done – Manchester United to Complete Transfer Deal for £25m Star in Hours
Liverpool Trio Returning to Training – Could Face Man Utd
Liverpool have been handed a triple injury boost as they head into the second half of the Premier League season next weekend.
Philippe Coutinho returned to training today for the first time since picking up an ankle injury in the opening half hour of Liverpool’s 2-0 victory over Sunderland at the end of November.
This weekend’s FA Cup tie against Plymouth will come too soon for the Brazilian but he could be back to face Manchester United at Old Trafford on Sunday 15 January.
Further good news for the Reds is that centre-back Joël Matip says he will be ready to return to full training in the next few days. The Cameroon international has been out with an ankle ligament problem dating back to 11 December and subsequently wasn’t selected for this month’s African Cup of Nations.
In his place, Ragnar Klavan has been partnering Dejan Lovren in the centre of Liverpool’s defence. Jürgen Klopp will be hoping Matip will be ready for next weekend’s game versus their rivals as midfielder Lucas has been the backup centre-back of late.
Klopp told the club’s official website:
“[Coutinho is] on a very good way but not for the weekend, and [Matip is the] same.”
The third positive update from the Liverpool manager today is that Daniel Sturridge is expected back in training anytime soon. The England international has not been ruled out of featuring in Sunday’s FA Cup tie versus lower league opposition.
Sturridge was substituted in Monday’s 2-2 draw at Sunderland due to an injury. The German manager said:
“Daniel [Sturridge] didn’t train until now. Probably today [he will return to training], we’ll see. It depends how he feels, that’s how it is. It should be possible, but I’m not sure.”
Latest posts by James Crawford (see all)
- José Mourinho Gives Positive Update Ahead of Stoke Clash - January 20, 2017
- Steven Gerrard Will Re-Join Liverpool in February - January 20, 2017
- Jürgen Klopp Confirms Double Injury Boost - January 20, 2017