- Fee Agreed Key Chelsea Target – Could Complete Move in Days
- Liverpool Ready to Agree 8 Goals, 10 Assists Winger Signing
- Central Midfielder Set to Complete Manchester United Transfer in Days
- Confirmed on Sky Sports – Wenger Wants Highly-rated La Liga Star
- Almost Done – Manchester United to Complete Transfer Deal for £25m Star in Hours
4-2-3-1: Man Utd Predicted XI to Face Hull City
Manchester United entertain Hull City in their EFL Cup semi-final first leg clash at Old Trafford this evening.
The Reds are not in action again until Sunday so I expect José Mourinho to send out a strong lineup in an attempt to win the tie before they go to the KCOM Stadium for the second leg.
Hull City were 2-0 winners over Swansea City in the FA Cup last weekend – Marco Silva’s first game in charge of the Tigers.
Here is the United team I expect to see this evening:
Goalkeeper: David de Gea
Sergio Romero started the 4-0 FA Cup win over Reading on Saturday but I think we’ll see David de Gea return this evening as Mourinho prepares his team for Liverpool at the weekend.
Defence: Antonio Valencia, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Matteo Darmian
José Mourinho has already confirmed Antonio Valencia will start whilst the Portuguese manager has also said he will make wholesale changes from the weekend. Therefore I expect to see Phil Jones recalled to partner Chris Smalling at centre-back too. Daley Blind played left-back in the FA Cup, Marcos Rojo is injured and Luke Shaw has still not returned so Matteo Darmian should start this one also.
Midfield: Marouane Fellaini, Ander Herrera; Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard
Ander Herrera is a confirmed starter in this match and I expect Michael Carrick to be rested having started on Saturday and expected to start this Sunday. Therefore Marouane Fellaini may keep his place in front of the back four with Bastian Schweinsteiger also in contention. The energetic Paul Pogba should return in the number 10 role in place of Wayne Rooney, whilst Henrikh Mkhitaryan should get a run out before facing Liverpool. Mourinho has a number of options on the left.
Striker: Zlatan Ibrahimović
Zlatan Ibrahimović is confirmed to start this one so Marcus Rashford will likely be back among the substitutes unless Mourinho wants to play him out wide.
Here is how United line up:
Latest posts by James Crawford (see all)
- José Mourinho Gives Positive Update Ahead of Stoke Clash - January 20, 2017
- Steven Gerrard Will Re-Join Liverpool in February - January 20, 2017
- Jürgen Klopp Confirms Double Injury Boost - January 20, 2017