- José Mourinho Considering Wayne Rooney for EFL Cup Final
- José Mourinho Confirms Trio Will Miss Saint-Étienne
- Charlton Loan Arsenal Forward
- £312,500-a-week Champions League Winner Confirms Big Offer to Complete Man Utd Transfer
- Injury News – Man Utd Winger Suffers Injury Blow, Could Miss Rest of Season
Injury News – Man Utd Winger Suffers Injury Blow, Could Miss Rest of Season
Manchester United youngster Tahith Chong has picked up a serious injury that could keep the youngster out of action for the rest of the season. This news has been confirmed by the club’s youth team coach, Kieran McKenna.
The young Dutchman has been one of United’s best prospects so far this season and there is high hopes for him, but this injury could affect his development. According to the Daily Star, Chong injured his knee in the under-18s’ 1-1 draw with Everton earlier this month and is now facing a lengthy period on the treatment table.
McKenna is quoted by the Daily Star as saying:
“Tahith has sustained quite a serious knee injury, unfortunately, but he’s a fantastic lad, a big talent and a good character.
“We wish him all the best and have no doubt he’ll come back stronger and better than ever.”
Manchester United fought off interest from rivals Manchester City to sign the teenager from Feyenoord last summer and will be gutted with the news of his injury. With United still in the UEFA Europa League and into the 5th round of the FA Cup, fringe players and young players alike could still be given a chance by José Mourinho to impress this season especially in dead rubber matches. However, Tahith Chong’s injury means he is unlikely to have such an opportunity this season.
Latest posts by Robu (see all)
- Man Utd Want Sánchez, But This Swap Deal Including Martial Makes More Sense - April 25, 2017
- 3 Potential Destinations for AS Monaco Starlet Kylian Mbappé - April 25, 2017
- 5 Reasons Why Man Utd Will Beat Liverpool & Arsenal to Top 4 Finish - April 24, 2017