Chelsea Star No Longer in Conte’s Plans
Chelsea striker Diego Costa has made a sensational claim that manager Antonio Conte no longer wants him at Stamford Bridge.
The Spanish international helped fire Chelsea to the 2016-17 Premier League title with 20 goals in 35 Premier League matches last season, but now it appears he is set to leave the champions this summer.
Costa had been strongly linked with a big money move to the Chinese Super League in January before Chelsea said they had no intention of selling him. Now the 28-year-old is claiming that his boss has told him that is no longer in his plans.
The Chelsea star is quoted as saying:
“I’m a Chelsea player, but they do not want me there.
“Antonio Conte has told me by message that I do not follow at Chelsea and that’s it. Conte said he did not count on me for next season.
“My relationship with the coach has been bad this season. It’s a shame, I’ve already forwarded the message to Chelsea people to decide.
“You have to find a team.”
Diego Costa has been with the West London club since joining from Atlético Madrid for £32 million in 2014. He has scored an impressive 52 goals in 89 Premier League games for Chelsea.
Chelsea are yet to sign a new striker so far this summer so it makes it interesting that this news has already broke out. They do have Michy Batshuayi, signed from Marseille last summer. The Belgian had an impressive end to his debut season in England but did only start one Premier League game all season.
Should Diego Costa be up for sale then you can expect a whole host of clubs to be interested in his services. However, Atlético Madrid have been linked with resigning their former player but are under a transfer embargo until January 2018.
Latest posts by James Crawford (see all)
- Tyrone Mings’ Cinderella Story - September 10, 2019
- Man Utd remain winless in 3 after draw at Southampton - August 31, 2019
- Liverpool: Only team with 100% start after 3 games - August 24, 2019