- Man Utd Confirm 13 Ins & Outs This Summer
- Sky Sports: Arsenal Open Talks to Sign World Cup Semi-finalist With £35m Release Clause
- Klopp confirms Liverpool could be without 6 players for Man City clash
- Arsenal handed huge injury boost ahead of Thursday’s clash with Man City
- Confirmed: Man Utd trio to miss Newcastle trip
Confirmed Lineups: Watford vs Liverpool
Liverpool kick off their 2017-18 Premier League campaign at Watford in today’s lunchtime kickoff.
The hosts changed manager over the summer, bringing in Marco Silva who finished last season in charge of Hull City. The Portuguese manager looks like a good tactician so should make for an interesting battle with counterpart Jürgen Klopp.
Mohamed Salah will make his debut from the start for Liverpool whilst Dominic Solankie is named on the substitutes’ bench.
The two teams are confirmed as:
Gomes; Daryl Janmaat, Younès Kaboul, Miguel Britos, José Holebas; Nathaniel Chalobah, Abdoulaye Doucouré; Nordin Amrabat, Tom Cleverley, Roberto Pereyra; Stefano Okaka
Substitutes: Costel Pantilimon, Sebastian Prödl, Kiko Femenía, Ben Watson, Étienne Capoue, Richarlison, Andre Gray
January arrival Stefano Okaka starts as the lone striker despite his poor goalscoring record throughout his career, either side of his one season at Anderlecht. Andre Gray has only just arrived at Vicarage Road and is likely to be the long-term starter but the former-Burnley man is only named on the bench today.
Simon Mignolet; Trent Alexander-Arnold, Joël Matip, Dejan Lovren, Alberto Moreno; Jordan Henderson, Emre Can, Georginio Wijnaldum; Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino, Sadio Mané
Substitutes: Loris Karius, Ragnar Klavan, Joe Gomez, James Milner, Marko Grujic, Dominic Solanke, Divock Origi
18-year-old Trent Alexander-Arnold starts at right-back with Nathaniel Clyne out injured. It’s a surprise to see Alberto Moreno on the opposite side of defence with James Milner only named on the subs bench.
The central midfield three is as we predicted yesterday with Adam Lallana out for up to three months. Marko Grujić is named on the bench with Lucas heading to Lazio.
Daniel Sturridge and Philippe Coutinho aren’t fit to feature, so Roberto Firmino starts up front with new signing Mohamed Salah expected to play on his right and Sadio Mané to the left in Klopp’s 4-3-3 formation.
Latest posts by James Crawford (see all)
- What Would Be The Price of England Winning the 2018 World Cup? - July 11, 2018
- Chelsea Could Announce Maurizio Sarri in Hours - July 9, 2018
- [Photo] Lucas Torreira in Arsenal Shirt - July 7, 2018