- Man Utd Confirm 13 Ins & Outs This Summer
- Sky Sports: Arsenal Open Talks to Sign World Cup Semi-finalist With £35m Release Clause
- Klopp confirms Liverpool could be without 6 players for Man City clash
- Arsenal handed huge injury boost ahead of Thursday’s clash with Man City
- Confirmed: Man Utd trio to miss Newcastle trip
Confirmed Lineups: Chelsea vs Burnley
Chelsea kick off their 2017-18 Premier League season at home to Burnley this afernoon. The Blues won this fixture 3-0 last season.
The defending Premier League champions are heavily expected to beat Burnley who were very poor on their travels last season and haven’t made any significant signings over the summer.
Antonio Conte has named Álvaro Morata on the substitutes bench alongside a number of youngsters but the Spaniard can be expected to make his Premier League debut at some point this afternoon.
The two teams are confirmed as:
Thibaut Courtois; Antonio Rüdiger, David Luiz, Gary Cahill; César Azpilicueta, Cesc Fàbregas, N’Golo Kanté, Marcos Alonso; Willian, Michy Batshuayi, Jérémie Boga
Substitutes: Willy Caballero, Andreas Christensen, Tomori, Kenedy, Scott, Charly Musonda, Álvaro Morata
Álvaro Morata starts from the bench as he did in Sunday’s Community Shield with Michy Batshuayi given the nod ahead of the Spaniard up top.
Youngster Jérémie Boga starts on the left of the front three with both Eden Hazard and Pedro sidelined. Willian makes up the attack.
It appears Antonio Rüdiger will play on the right-hand side of the back three with César Azpilicueta playing right wingback in the absence of the suspended Victor Moses.
Youngsters Fikayo Tomori, Kenedy, Kyle Scott and Charly Musonda are all named on the bench.
Tom Heaton; Matthew Lowton, James Tarkowski, Ben Mee, Stephen Ward; Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson, Jack Cork, Jeff Hendrick, Steven Defour, Robbie Brady; Sam Vokes
Substitutes: Nick Pope, Charlie Taylor, Ashley Westwood, Kevin Long, Scott Arfield, Ashley Barnes, Jonathan Walters
Jack Cork is the only summer signing that goes into Burnley’s starting lineup this afternoon as both Charlie Taylor and Jonathan Walters are named on the bench.
Sam Vokes will lead the line up front for the visitors who sold Andre Gray to Watford earlier in the week.
Latest posts by James Crawford (see all)
- What Would Be The Price of England Winning the 2018 World Cup? - July 11, 2018
- Chelsea Could Announce Maurizio Sarri in Hours - July 9, 2018
- [Photo] Lucas Torreira in Arsenal Shirt - July 7, 2018