Vacancy at Arsenal (and it’s not the centre-back position!)
Arsenal are one of the leading football team’s when it comes to video content and social media, in our opinion.
The Premier League giants have a staggering 38 million followers on Facebook alone. They also have 19 million following them on Instagram and 17 million on Twitter.
Mikel Arteta’s side publish content on each channel on a daily basis, which includes live updates from games in play on both Facebook and Twitter.
It appears their popular content and pages require urgent help to maintain as the Gunners have published a job vacancy today:
The role is for a Live Producer, whose responsibilities will include:
- Produce and direct the Breakdown Live show to a high broadcast standard whether that is remotely or in the studio
- Effectively manage and develop the Live Director/Editor
- Maintain and develop relationships with the key talent for the Breakdown Live
- Ensure the Breakdown Live remains contemporary and have a multi-platform presence
- Occasional production of Club day shoots and multiplatform features
- Deliver and oversee pre-season live streams and occasional Youth/Women’s live streams throughout the course of the season
- Devise and deliver tactics to exploit any new match footage rights in our matchday show offering
- Devise a strategy for our live matchday offering for when fans return to matches
(From Freelance Video Collective)
The vacancy was only published this morning, February 25th. Anyone interested in the role will have to update their CV quickly and apply
as Arsenal have set a deadline of Sunday February 28th.
Skills required for the role are as follows:
- Strong production skills, proven ability to creative narrative from rushes
- Strong live production and direction skills
- Ability to work under limited supervision and as a part of a team
- Advanced knowledge of live production work flows
- Operating knowledge of Tricaster or equivalent
- An understanding of video codecs, encoding and formats
- Track record of line management and developing team members
- A keen interest in media technologies, social media, video and audio trends
- Ability to produce content that fits the house style and appeals to Arsenal’s audience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and collaborative approach to working with stakeholders
- Impeccable attention to detail and awareness of sensitivities around Club media
Arsenal are in UEFA Europa League action later this evening when they travel to Greece (yes Greece) to face Benfica in the home leg of their Round of 32 tie. The two teams are tied at 1-1 from the first leg over in Italy (yes Italy) last week.