Have Your Say: Fan Interview – Nottingham Forest
Steve Barnes, a Nottingham Forest supporter, gives us his views in today’s ‘Have Your Say’.
(1) How long have you supported Nottingham Forest?
Since I was about four years old.
(2) Reason for choosing Forest over any other team?
They beat Liverpool regularly in late 70’s and early 80’s under Brian Clough.
One in 36-year due to playing instead.
(4) The greatest player to have ever played for your team?
No pace, yet speed of thought was amazing – Nigel Clough.
(5) Laziest player you have ever witnessed?
Under Clough no such thing as lazy player, though unlucky not to have done better, John Sheridan.
(6) The most obscure name and number you have owned on the back of a shirt?
Easy. Bryan Roy, summer purchase after 1994 World Cup – number 22 on my shirt.
(1) Thoughts on your manager (Billy Davies)?
Trying his best with squad he has, not necessarily playing players in their optimum positions. Would prefer Nigel Clough, but we were slow off the mark to get him from Burton.
(2) The best young, undiscovered player at your club?
Got plenty of good players in the reserves, including Nialle Rodney. The recent signing of Aaron Ramsey on loan from Arsenal has to be right up there.
(3) Worst possible finish for your side this season?
Outside of the play-off positions.
(4) Soft spot for another team?
Liverpool, as we seemed to always meet them on the way to finals under Brian Clough, and they were our bogey team. Plus the team I most look out for in the Premier League.
(1) If you could step on the pitch for your team, what role would you play?
Left side of attacking midfield.
(2) What one player would you like to see at your team if money was no question, exluding Rooney, Ronaldo or Messi?
Rooney overrated, no thanks. Ronaldo and Messi – no thanks, yet both could turn a game in a heartbeat. Player I would loved to have played for Forest would have been Zidane!
(3) Which trophy do you most dream of winning?
Champions league to add to the two European cups that we won back to back in 1979 and 1980.
Though I would have loved to have seen Brian Clough win the 1991 FA cup final, as it was the only domestic cup he never won.
Latest posts by Darren Wells-Burr (see all)
- Is this Manchester United player finished with England? - October 10, 2011
- Players I don’t want to see in the England squad - September 9, 2011
- Is Wayne Rooney one of the top five players in the world? - September 3, 2011